The mission of the Real Men Talk at Refuge Apostolic Church is to provide men with a safe place and the resources to develop Godly character, equipping them to influence their world for Jesus Christ, by have real conversation about everyday challenges of being a man.
- To bring men into a personal intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To unite men in Bible study, prayer, ministry, fellowship, and accountability.
- To become a supportive environment that touches the lives of the entire church family.
- To promote mentoring opportunities that lead to significant vital relationships.
- To become a magnet for service and a resource for other church ministries and missions.
- To provide a series of events that will promote fellowship, outreach, and evangelism.
Churches desperately need programs and activities to educate, consolidate and unify Christian men. Many men admit that they lack understanding of God’s Word, especially as it applies to specific aspects of daily living. Since men are to help stabilize the church, developing a solid men’s ministry is a major benefit to the Body of Christ. It is important that they don’t just know about Him but that they personally have a one-on-one relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Certain men live primarily for their job/income, and are caught in the world’s treadmill, endeavoring to support their families, habits and hobbies, and to purchase houses, cars and other material items. Even so, many get bored and become dissatisfied with work, recreation, and even with church involvement. Others live in quiet frustration and unhappiness, isolated from meaningful, personal relationships with other Christian men. When that happens, men become vulnerable to the three areas of sin–lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life. We endeavor to be our Brother’s Keeper!
For many reasons, it’s important that this local church establish a solid men’s ministry, with Real Men Talk. Through programs that will build strong leadership and a clear mission, Christian men are taught to:
- Love, worship and glorify God
- Become the priest of their homes
- Lead their families according to the Bible
- Enjoy fellowship with Christian brothers
- Become accountable and vulnerable
- Instruct their children on the ways of God
- Get involved and committed in their church
- Utilize their God-given gifts
- Establish and maintain good work ethics
- Take back what the devil stole